If you are working on something important in a large company, chances are a lot more people at going to be involved in this project than you imagined and you have to find a way to engage and align them. I thought I knew this but I did not realise how crazy things can get. I think I almost got depressed working on this new, important project as I figured out how many conversations I needed to have and how many presentations I needed to make to get alignment. Here is a quick summary of how I felt during the last one month working on the project.
Thursday July 4th: Down and Out
- Listen to music
- Change my body language to feel how I want to feel
Journal (gratitude, morning journal)Could not get myself to do this.
- Exercise to get the good chemicals flooding in (swam or cross fit every day)
- Decided to treat it as my problem to convince the roadblocks and make them allies.
- Met an old friend from high school. Had a good chat, good Zin, unhealthy food 🙂
- I also decided to blog about my predicament. This was very helpful.